The NJ LGBT Chamber of Commerce is holding a networking breakfast on Tuesday, April 11, at the Renaissance Hotel in Rutherford, with leaders from both the political and business arenas. This will be an opportunity for the New Jersey LGBT business community to meet and mingle with peers.
The scheduled speakers represent New Jersey politics, the New Jersey corporate sector, workplace diversity and the leading LGBT business organization in the country—the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. The New Jersey chamber’s spokesperson, Joseph Renga, says there are over 70 RSVPs for the event via several social media platforms including MeetUp and Facebook, plus individual responses the chamber received by phone and email.
“It’s going to be a good crowd of LGBT business professionals in a beautiful hotel ballroom, where you can learn what the chamber does for LGBT business people throughout the state,” said Renga. “You will learn about the advantages of becoming a certified LGBT-owned business, learn about what’s going on for LGBT and all small businesses on the political front, learn about what’s happening with workplace diversity, while also being able to network with other LGBT business professionals.”
The cost is $30 for advance registration and $40 at the door. You can purchase tickets online.
Speakers, Guests and Schedule:
- New Jersey Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno
- New Jersey Assemblywoman Valerie Huttle
- Ryan Blake, financial analyst, BCB Community Bank
- Jonathan Lovitz, senior VP, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Thomas “TJ” Chernick, director of membership + LGBTBE engagement, NGLCCNY
- Ellen Lambert, chief diversity officer, PSE&G
- Michael Wheeler, workplace diversity consultant
- Arrival and networking: 8:30 to 9:00
- Breakfast and speakers: 9:00 to 11:00
- Additional networking: 11:00 to 12:00
There will be free parking on the premises. The Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel is located at 801 Rutherford Avenue, Rutherford, NJ 07070. For tickets and more info visit: www.njlgbtchamber.org.