Always wash your hands and the stuff you touch all-the-time
With COVID-19 going rampant all over the world it makes sense to stay home. Breathe heavily towards people you don’t like and generally stop talking to people you do like. While that sounds counter intuitive, it makes sense if you think about it for a second.
What also makes sense is to not only wash your hands but also the stuff you touch. Most people just advise you to wash your hands, stop touching your face and whatnot. But so far I’ve not seen anybody recommend that you clean the things your hands touch. Maybe not super important, but I think it is important in general.
Alcohol is the solution
That’s right, alcohol is good for something. Wipe your stuff with alcohol. Get some wipes, kitchen towels or a microfiber and wipe everything down. Preferably a white or bright coloured thing so you can see what a dirty slob you are. If you don’t have alcohol, or want to keep that for your hands, you can use a window cleaner or something similar like Clorox wipes.
Things to pay attention to:
- Door knobs
- Window/Door frames
- Any kind of keys
- Tools and utensils that are in the open
- Kitchen drawers (not just the handles)
- Your fridge door and edges you may touch
Simple right? How often do you clean those anyway? Most folks it is just once a month or so…
But also take care of your:
- Alarm clock
- TV Remote
- Television and surrounding electronics
- Do DVD/CD players still exist?
- Light switches
And for the more personal stuff…
- Your laptop, keyboard, trackpad AND display
- Your computer peripherals and display
- Your cell phone/tablet, front and back
- Any gadget and controller you may have and regularly use
- The edges on your chairs and tables
This list is of-course not exhaustive. Clean everything you touch at least once a week. You should do this regardless of the current crisis.