As prom season approaches, it also presents a great opportunity for the LGBT community to come together, dress up in fancy tuxedos and gowns, and help to promote a worthy cause. Pink Prom on Friday, May 2, at the Hotel Tides, in Asbury Park is a fundraising event where the community is able to support an organization that has performed countless good deeds. This year, proceeds from the prom will benefit Project R.E.A.L.
Project R.E.A.L. (Real Empowerment on All Levels) is a safe- space for LGBT young adults ages 13-24 to relax, meet and support each other within the community. Project R.E.A.L. is a program of the Prevention Resource Network. In this space young adults can form both social and support networks for issues that pertain to them.
“When I started this fundraising event last year, my initial goal was not only to allow the members of our community to come together and have a good time at a positive event, but also to do something that would be financially beneficial for an organization doing so many good deeds for the LGBTQ community,” said Eric Pinckney, author of the city’s LGBTQ blog, “Living in the gay scene of Asbury Park“. “I’m so glad that, along with Ryan Jimenez, general manager of the Hotel Tides, we’ve been able to do this once again, on a larger scale this year.”
- Pink Prom, will be held from 8 pm. to 12 am and is a 21-and-over only event and will include the following:
- Free shuttle service to Cameo for the after-party;
- Passed hors d’oeuvres and buffet;
- Special appetizer presentation;
- Three complimentary spiked punch bowls
- cash bar available
- Live entertainment provided by Josh Zuckerman and Broadway performer Marty Thomas. Zuckerman is a nationally-known singer, songwriter and musician who also performs locally. Marty Thomas has performed in the Broadway musicals “The Secret Garden”, “Wicked” and “Xanadu”;
- Special drag performance by former Miss Paradise Victoria Lace;
- Dancing with DJ Mick Hale;
- Desserts provided by Confections of a Rockstar;
- A local photographer to snap memorable prom photos of attendees;
- 2014 Prom Queen presentation;
- Special commemorative book;
- Silent auction
Tickets go on sale on Saturday, March 1, 2014 and the cost for tickets is $75 per person. Tickets are on sale at the Hotel Tides, located at 408 7th Ave. in Asbury Park; tickets are also available online at www.hoteltides.com . Discounted rooms are available at the Hotel Tides for the weekend of this event when you mention promo code “prom”. Call for reservations at 732-897-7744.
In addition, a coupon is available to receive $5 boutonnieres and $10 corsage/wristlets at Peter James Floral Couture, located at 1401 Ocean Ave. @ the Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel in Asbury Park. Call 732-455-5525.
For more information call Ryan Jimenez, Manager at Hotel Tides and Event Founder at 732-897-7744 or Eric Pinckney at 609-774-3742.